3D Printed Hollow Form Object

Below are my rough original concepts which I created in Rhino. I enjoyed this project because it felt very open ended and I was able to apply the skills that I have developed throughout this course. I noticed how much easier it was for me to navigate Rhino and I enjoyed utilizing the new commands that Bryan demonstrated.   

My original concepts were: 
  1. Geometric vessel. 
  2. A paper-like vessel that twisted around itself. I chose to do a second version of this and tried to simulate a candy wrapper. 
  3. A ghost guy. I wanted to explore creating a form with holes in it. I would move on to smooth the holes on this model in meshmixer. 
  4. A tentacle. I wanted to create a vessel out of these forms, but I did not choose to further develop this idea. 
  5. A body shaped vessel. This idea felt a bit plain, so I chose not to go with it. 
I frequently utilised the loft function in my process for these ideas. For my ghost guy, I created the main form with the sweep function. I made the holes with poly curves which i extruded. I then used the split function to make it into one form. 

Refining the shape of the ghost guy in meshmixer

The guy in Prusaslic3r

Scrubbing the layers 

He got printed a bit janky







Comments